BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Love My Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=187280)

mazzer 04-23-2009 03:54 PM

Love My Storm

Returned to BB after a couple of years playing with a N95, considered iphone but camera & video resolutions brought me to consider storm & bought it off line-this phone just keeps impressing me this is total communication in a fast stylish way, BB have really hit the spot with this one - just wanted to say it !!!

dave1812dave 04-23-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazzer (Post 1363009)
Returned to BB after a couple of years playing with a N95, considered iphone but camera & video resolutions brought me to consider storm & bought it off line-this phone just keeps impressing me this is total communication in a fast stylish way, BB have really hit the spot with this one - just wanted to say it !!!

Give it another week or two and THEN tell us how you feel about your Storm.

JSanders 04-23-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave1812dave (Post 1363024)

If like many of the users I know, he'll like it even more, and be hard pressed to go back to another.

zero7404 04-23-2009 04:37 PM

Wirelessly posted (9530)

Personally I'm a crackberry addict.
My storm grew on me more with time....

If u handed me an iphone I'd say..."wtf do u want me to do with this ?"

Maybe shake it to keep the virtual baby from crying....LOL

btw, the n95 is a nice phone too....even years after it came out

BrianLion 04-23-2009 08:18 PM

Love my Storm!

Quote:

I bet it'll be even better in a week or two. Some of the Storm users I know weren't sure when they got it at first but then it grew on all of them fast! Now they love it.. including me!!

JustROLLIN 04-24-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianLion (Post 1363260)
I bet it'll be even better in a week or two. Some of the Storm users I know weren't sure when they got it at first but then it grew on all of them fast! Now they love it.. including me!!

x2. I have been using mine for about a month now and I like more and more everyday. I really did NOT like the phone the first couple of weeks. But, after an OS upgrade and some tinkering, I am really starting to enjoy this phone.

Alva 04-24-2009 09:58 AM

I've had my Storm now for a couple of weeks and I can tell you even with some of the issues I've been dealing with I wouldn't go back to any other blackberry. If anything, I would move up to the Storm2. But I am very satisfied with the Storm.

I just updated my OS to .132.... it's made me enjoy this thing even more!

I also recently downloaded Poynt..... this has to be one of my most favorite apps right now! And it was free!!!!!

Cheers.

5.9power 04-24-2009 11:38 AM

I've had my Storm for almost 3 weeks now and really like the phone. I came from a Curve so it took a little getting use to but it is a BB so not to big a deal. I would really like to upgrade to one of the beta OS but this is a company phone so I'll just have to wait for the official release. I also have an iphone as my personal phone and think it is a great device. It's nice to have the best of both worlds

Kopter 04-24-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

There YOU go again! WOW.

Anyway... Mazzer.. keep tinkering/experimenting with it... it only gets better. Spend some time grazing the various STORM threads, pick up hints, ideas, apps.... then.. form YOUR own opinion of the device.

If you sill like it/love it, then great!! if not, get rid of it and move on!

Or.. as the song goes... "...always accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on to the affirmative and don't mess with the in-between.."

Good Luck !

cscotty 04-24-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kopter (Post 1364267)
There YOU go again! WOW.

LOL. Without even looking at the username, I said to myself, "thats something DAVE would say"....go figure...;-)

Anyways, I wasnt a big fan of my storm at first either, but with time, I want nor desire anything else! Have fun bro!

mazzer 04-24-2009 05:00 PM

the only gripe has just been cured by the forum-upgraded the software to .122 the camera is lightening quick now- so..still luvin it!!!

cervelo_rider 04-24-2009 06:46 PM

I almost threw my 9530 against the wall after the first week or so. Now I really like this thing. I've been messing with it; got rid of the wallpapers that came with the phone, apps I don't need, updated the OS a few times(with leaked versions of course), loaded ripped DVD movies..

This Storm sometimes cuts into my sleeping time. lol

dave1812dave 04-25-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cervelo_rider (Post 1364504)
I almost threw my 9530 against the wall after the first week or so. Now I really like this thing. I've been messing with it; got rid of the wallpapers that came with the phone, apps I don't need, updated the OS a few times(with leaked versions of course), loaded ripped DVD movies..

This Storm sometimes cuts into my sleeping time. lol

After owning my Storm just a couple of days I loaded a movie. It provided better playback than my Touch--both video and sound was superior. THe contrast ratio and colors are better on the Storm. Blacks are quite gray on the Touch and the colors are muted. Overall, I thought both products had similar crispness when viewing movies.

Sadly I had a lot of problems with the OS quality, and returned it on day 8.

dave1812dave 04-26-2009 03:36 PM

Sanders, better get used to me posting here--it looks like there is a very good chance I'm going to buy Storms again, having seen the 113 in action (it fixed a major dealbreaker for me that I saw with my own eyes,, and if the rep was telling the truth, it also fixed the reboot/freezing issues as well). The VZN rep has had 113 on his phone for about a month--given to him by VZN (not downloaded from the 'net).

After reviewing all the phones at VZN, none of them had the bright screens of the BB models. Hence, it seems as though there will be BB in our near future.

JSanders 04-27-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave1812dave (Post 1365714)
Sanders, better get used to me posting here--

hmmmm.... no, I don't have to get used to it. ;-) (n)

Kopter 04-27-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave1812dave (Post 1365714)
Sanders, better get used to me posting here--it looks like there is a very good chance I'm going to buy Storms again, having seen the 113 in action (it fixed a major dealbreaker for me that I saw with my own eyes,, and if the rep was telling the truth, it also fixed the reboot/freezing issues as well). The VZN rep has had 113 on his phone for about a month--given to him by VZN (not downloaded from the 'net).

After reviewing all the phones at VZN, none of them had the bright screens of the BB models. Hence, it seems as though there will be BB in our near future.

Glad you are moving into the light again !! It will be worth it !!! ;-)

dave1812dave 04-27-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kopter (Post 1366245)
Glad you are moving into the light again !! It will be worth it !!! ;-)

I'm wondering if the VZN salespeople will look at me funny when I tell them I want only Canadian-built Storms, because I want the brightest screens. :) I've no idea if they are aware of the screen issues between to the two suppliers.

dave1812dave 04-27-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1366229)
hmmmm.... no, I don't have to get used to it. ;-) (n)

LOL! I figured you say something along those lines seeing as you are a mod. :) You could banish me with the click of your mouse or keypad. We could arm wrestle, but after the 3 neck surgeries I've had, I think you'd win.