BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9300 Series Discussion - Curve 3G (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Trouble with warranty (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=251991)

fbvuiw 08-05-2011 11:39 AM

Trouble with warranty

So ever since I updated my Curve 9300 3G to 6.0 OS I've seemed to have trouble with WiFi, every time I try to connect to a network it shows this message "Failed to associated with the network". I downgraded to 5.0 and the problem persists.

The store I bought it from says that if I upgraded the phone that I lose the warranty (wtf?) so I downgraded to 5.0 OS once again.

My question is, since I may have screwed up my warranty, is there a way that they can prove that my BB's software was once updated? Cause I may have to say that I never updated it in order for them to give me another one.

Also, does keeping once's info after an update, does it keep the info that it was updated or can they not tell that I did that?

Motorcycle Mama 08-05-2011 12:17 PM

Re: Trouble with warranty

Updating the device OS does not void the hardware warranty despite what "the store" might have said.

Do you have an active BlackBerry Data Plan with the phone service carrier/provider?

fourstringfuror 08-05-2011 01:20 PM

The rep is lying/ignorant/both.

fbvuiw 08-05-2011 01:28 PM

Well turns out the lady at the store is dumb as xxxx. She says that's the warranty, and I'm like "well why didn't you say that to me? where is the paper with my signature of me agreeing with this stupid warranty of yours? and she's like "there's no need for a signature this is the warranty of the store, it's just the way it is" I almost told her she's a dumb xxxxx to her face, and she claimed she's in law school, xxxxing bullshit.

Motorcycle Mama 08-05-2011 05:14 PM

And posting profanity somehow helps your issue in what way??

fbvuiw 08-05-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama (Post 1736526)
And posting profanity somehow helps your issue in what way??

Sorry, I'm just kinda pissed off. I'm taking them to court. It's absurd that because I updated the software my warranty no longer works. I'll update later see what happens. I'm been trying to get this thing solved for over a week now that I don't even care anymore, soon I'll just stay with the BB and who cares about WiFi :S

ezrunner 08-06-2011 09:15 AM

Did you update to an officially released OS version or a Beta
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

NJBlackBerry 08-06-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbvuiw (Post 1736571)
Sorry, I'm just kinda pissed off. I'm taking them to court.

That ought to do it. Since RIM is a Canadian company and your carrier is in South America, that should be a simple solution.

fbvuiw 08-06-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezrunner (Post 1736634)
Did you update to an officially released OS version or a Beta
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

It was official.