BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Which blackberry model is the best for 18 years old girl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=242309)

linageorge 12-26-2010 10:00 AM

Which blackberry model is the best for 18 years old girl

Hi!!
my birthday is in 20-2 and i will be 18 .. so dad said he'd get me whatever i want and i want a blackberry .. i like chatting and fb and these kinds of stuff so i was wondering what model should i buy ?

dc/dc 12-26-2010 10:03 AM

Re: Which blackberry model is the best for 18 years old girl

None. An Android device, an iPhone, or Palm is more suited to a person with your interests. I can almost guarantee that you won't be happy with a BlackBerry.

Dubdub 12-26-2010 10:03 AM

Pick the cell carrier that you plan to use first, then pick the device.

And don't forget that to get the most out of a BB, you need the BB data plan.

However, my guess is that you might be happier with something other than a BB.

aiharkness 12-26-2010 10:45 AM

I agree with picking the service provider first, and then pick the device that best meets you needs. A BlackBerry may be what you want, but you need to figure that out yourself. Just be aware BlackBerrys are different, and as Dubdub says, you need the data plan specific for BlackBerry to use the BlackBerry data services.

As far as which BlackBerry, all do the basic BlackBerry functions, but features like camera, gps, etc will vary. Compare device specs at the carrier's web site or at blackberry.com.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

chunhoccon 12-26-2010 12:20 PM

I think that is blackberry curve 8900
The best blackberry i can say to u
And happy birthday to you

tsac 12-26-2010 03:26 PM

Although many young people want a blackberry, we see many who ask for features offered on a phone that is primarily designed as a consumer product. The blackberry although a great device does have some limitations on social networking functions other phones do not have like responding to multiple people in text mode. Another consideration is cost. You MUST have a full blackberry data plan in addition to the cell plan you need. This does raise the cost. As suggested the best thing to do is go to a store and try the various phones then based on the carriers coverage area in your planned area of use, select the phone you want. So you know, I just did the same thing for my daughter and she selected a new windows 7 phone

DreamHacker 12-26-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linageorge (Post 1688107)
Hi!!
my birthday is in 20-2 and i will be 18 .. so dad said he'd get me whatever i want and i want a blackberry .. i like chatting and fb and these kinds of stuff so i was wondering what model should i buy ?

lucky you! The new Blackberrys that come with Blackbery 6 system do chatting,social networking and internet browsing better than ever! The larger touch screen of the torch is a nice feature that most other Blackberrys don't have. The Torch also comes ith a physical keyboad as well. Why do you want a blackberry? BTW I have a Torch.

redwizard6 12-26-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1688109)
None. An Android device, an iPhone, or Palm is more suited to a person with your interests. I can almost guarantee that you won't be happy with a BlackBerry.

My 18 yr old has a curve and my 16yr old has a tour 9630 and you couldn't get em to take an android or IPhone for anything. And their older sisters and friends have both so they have compared.
Best advise...go to the store and hold the different phones, try your friends phones and make an good decision based on what YOU LIKE..not what we think!! And enjoy what ya choose! Good Luck!:smile:

LoganSix 12-28-2010 11:55 AM

I guess it all depends on if you prefer texting via a keyboard or a touch screen. My wife (not close to 18 years old), just got a Curve and she enjoys the keyboard very much. Texted and posted to Facebook during our recent trip from NC to Michigan.

AlanJolin 12-28-2010 02:00 PM

My teenage Daugther inherited both my previous Blackberries, a Storm then a Curve. I sorted a deal for her with my carrier she loves the Curve. But like everyone else has said, go to various providers stores and choose what you want. I use Blackberries to help me run my cab business which they are ideal. Happy hunting and Happy Birthday!
Quote:

Hi!!

Calebrity 12-28-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Hi!!

Like everyone else says choose the provider first and also question them on what there customer service / technical support is like, also what happens if the device becomes defective, what the process is. that is why I choose to go with Rogers in Canada, I find there customer service is top notch ( and no it's not because I work for them ) Then look at the devices that they carry and weigh it against what you are looking for in a device. Blackberry may not be the device for you, but if it is put the actual blackberry in your hands and see if you like how it feels and how the keypad feels. Base your choices on what you like and not what the Sales Rep thinks you will like. Most sales Reps just want a bigger commission check. Hope this helps you.

hunkishere 12-28-2010 03:21 PM

Blackberry with data plan I would say... Easy to be in touch with friends... Social newtworking and xxx9487;xxx818;txxx773;xxx293;exxx773;xxx818;xxx822;xxx9491; friendly keyboard ;)

mriff 12-29-2010 07:26 AM

My 18 year old son loves his 9700.

gambit007 12-29-2010 10:37 AM

Lately I have noticed that teenage couples have opted for bb because of instant messaging. So that they can keep in contact without having to constantly check their balance.

Losedge 12-30-2010 12:23 PM

What about try it for a few days and return it if you dont like it?

Calebrity 12-30-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Losedge (Post 1689444)
What about try it for a few days and return it if you dont like it?

Some carriers don't allow this and i dunno if you have a 18 year old girl but once they get a phone in there hands they will use it like it is going out of style. some company's have a buyers remorse program that includes up to 50mb of data usage and maximum of 30 minutes of voice usage and has to be within 125 days old. after that you are locked in. that is the standard for Rogers buyers remorse program at least every company could be different.

Harrison Leggio 12-30-2010 02:42 PM

I think the blackberry bold 9780 would be a good choice. It is very popular in my high shcool.

The unique thing about it is that it can be easily customized. Also, since you like chatting, the keyboard is very quick for texting and what not.