BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9800 Series Discussion - Torch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Best Cases for Torch? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=249252)

bcarnn0417 05-23-2011 05:12 PM

Best Cases for Torch?

Just ordered the Torch and not sure what kind of case to go with?
Do the two piece gel cases stay in place when you slide the phone up?
Should I just go with a hard case? or possibly Otterbox?

aiharkness 05-23-2011 06:02 PM

Re: Best Cases for Torch?

It depends on you. How are you with your stuff? Do you need an Otterbox type of protection?

I'm not familiar with the gel cases you are talking about.

I've always used the stock holsters and been fine. They provide sufficient protection for typical waist-high drops, I think. BlackBerrys are tough. But liquid is a killer.

nathan62969 05-23-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcarnn0417 (Post 1723308)
Just ordered the Torch and not sure what kind of case to go with?
Do the two piece gel cases stay in place when you slide the phone up?
Should I just go with a hard case? or possibly Otterbox?

I tried a few, then cane to the Seidio Surface Case, and am REALLY happy with it!

(note it comes in different colors too)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0048BQ1PA/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1306208238&sr=8-1-spell
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

x14 05-24-2011 08:18 AM

The problem with cases for the Torch is the front bezel. The cover for the front bezel either interferes with the button or it falls off easily.

palomartian 05-24-2011 10:35 AM

Levis makes the best case. I use the 505.

knottyrope 05-24-2011 01:49 PM

gel cases move, slide etc , otterbox makes the some of the best cases you can buy.

if possible go to a store that sells them to try some out.

tbird57 05-24-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathan62969 (Post 1723348)
I tried a few, then cane to the Seidio Surface Case, and am REALLY happy with it!

(note it comes in different colors too)

Seidio SURFACE Case for Use with BlackBerry Torch 9800 (Black):Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

This one nathan has mentioned is a good one...I use it also...its not bulky,its slim..and does not take away from the slim profile of the 9800,your able to slip into your Levis 505 without any snags (y)

frankharrah 05-24-2011 07:10 PM

I bought an AGF GRT Torch case for my 9800. The case back and the slide cover fit perfectly and they don't interfere with the operation of the BB. I frequently carry my Torch with this case in my back pocket. I haven't had any problems and my phone has not had any damage.

DallasFlier 05-25-2011 12:56 PM

Asking what the best case is for the BlackBerry ______ is about like asking what's the best vehicle for you. The answer, in both cases is, "it depends." Do you desire a sports car, do you want a SUV, do you need a pickup truck? Two seater, four seater or more?

Its the same thing with cases. There's no one best case. Do you want a case that stays on the Torch while you're using it, or do you just want a holster that you can carry it around in and pull it out to use? For me, its the latter usage, so I wouldn't want any of the cases mentioned so far in this thread. The best case for me is a holster, with a (preferably rotatable, and MUCH slimmer than the OEM plastic) belt clip, with a (preferably magnetic for easy open/close) flap to secure the BB, and that operates the sleeper function. Within THOSE parameters, here's the case I bought and have been very happy with. It also cost under $10, but unfortunately as you can see, at the moment its out of stock at amazon, without a date for when its supposed to be back in stock. Mine's in good shape after 6 months, but right now I wish I'd bought more than one!

splash Alpha I Lambskin Leather Case with Rotating Clip for Blackberry 9800 Torch (with SLEEP Function)(Black)

The_Doughboy 06-15-2011 07:27 AM

The Otterbox Commuter is fantastic on the Bold, and absolute trash on the Torch, it doubles the size of it and makes it difficult to touch the screen on the edges. Also the slider's "protector" cracks at the edges when you look at it.

DallasFlier 06-15-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasFlier (Post 1723643)
Asking what the best case is for the BlackBerry ______ is about like asking what's the best vehicle for you. The answer, in both cases is, "it depends." Do you desire a sports car, do you want a SUV, do you need a pickup truck? Two seater, four seater or more?

Its the same thing with cases. There's no one best case. Do you want a case that stays on the Torch while you're using it, or do you just want a holster that you can carry it around in and pull it out to use? For me, its the latter usage, so I wouldn't want any of the cases mentioned so far in this thread. The best case for me is a holster, with a (preferably rotatable, and MUCH slimmer than the OEM plastic) belt clip, with a (preferably magnetic for easy open/close) flap to secure the BB, and that operates the sleeper function. Within THOSE parameters, here's the case I bought and have been very happy with. It also cost under $10, but unfortunately as you can see, at the moment its out of stock at amazon, without a date for when its supposed to be back in stock. Mine's in good shape after 6 months, but right now I wish I'd bought more than one!

splash Alpha I Lambskin Leather Case with Rotating Clip for Blackberry 9800 Torch (with SLEEP Function)(Black)

Back in stock again at Amazon, for only $8.95. In my opinion, if you want a holster (vs. an "always attached" case) for the Torch, this is absolutely the best one to get. Read the reviews at Amazon (one is from me.)

Medic48 06-18-2011 02:27 PM

I just got a Surface Holster from Seidio for now to use with my Torch. I like the face-in design to keep the face from being scratched, has a sleep function included. At least until I decide I want something else.

seidioonline.com

Subsequently, OtterBox makes some of the best cases available for Blackberries. However, the case for the Torch is getting mixed reviews. They will, always support their work and replace defective cases though.

--Phil