BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Used Curve 9360 issues, NEED HELP (BBegginer :) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=265045)

tomatomatoma 08-21-2013 04:06 PM

Used Curve 9360 issues, NEED HELP (BBegginer :)

Hi all, I am new to BB, just bought used 9360, first I was amazed, then got some problems, like I said I am new to this so need any help I can get. Thank You in advance.
The 1st thing that happened was that when i got my used bb 9360 the battery was very low and i charged it for 5 minutes or less and it was fully loaded?? and after 8-9 hours (the battery icon was showing that is was full), the phone just went off and i couldnt turn it on...after 10 minutes of getting the battery in and out of my phone(LED coverage indicator flashed the red light when i was putting the battery in the phone without charging), and putting it on charge (4-5 times) the phone started to charge.... so should I just buy a new battery or what?

the second thing, which I really cant figure out, is: can I use facebook, whatsapp, viber, emails, with data plan, not BB data plan?

ok, this is it for now, I am sure that I will have many many more questions. Thanks

Motorcycle Mama 08-21-2013 04:45 PM

Re: Used Curve 9360 issues, NEED HELP (BBegginer :)

Buy a new battery. Don't let the new battery's charge get lower than 20 percent on a regular basis.

You need a BLACKBERRY Data Plan in order to use Facebook, email, BBM, etc. Not sure about Whatsapp or Viber.

tomatomatoma 08-21-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama (Post 1807120)
Buy a new battery. Don't let the new battery's charge get lower than 20 percent on a regular basis.

You need a BLACKBERRY Data Plan in order to use Facebook, email, BBM, etc. Not sure about Whatsapp or Viber.

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

tomatomatoma 08-21-2013 05:20 PM

First, thank You for fast reply! I will buy a new battery but not letting it to reach under 20 percent seems like a true pain in the butt :). Is there no application which allows me to receive emails with data plan, not bb data plan? I know I read somewhere about it....
I will try to run viber and whatsapp tommorrow , first I need to buy memory card..and battery of course.. Maybe selling my galaxy note 2 was the dumbest thing ever, I sure hope its not, but from this point of view it seems like that :))
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

fourstringfuror 08-21-2013 06:25 PM

You must have a BlackBerry data plan.

rambo47 08-22-2013 12:29 PM

If you want email without a BlackBerry data plan then you need a new BB10 device. Currently those are the Z10, Q10, and Q5. No BIS with the new BB10 devices. But there is no workaround for email on BB7/6/5 devices. Fact of life.