BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry In the News (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   New RIM CEO: “I Don’t Think There Is A Drastic Change Needed” (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=257179)

penguin3107 01-23-2012 09:23 AM

New RIM CEO: “I Don’t Think There Is A Drastic Change Needed”

New RIM CEO: I Dont Think There Is A Drastic Change Needed | TechCrunch

Really? No drastic change needed?
Bravo, RIM. You've got a new CEO who is just as out of touch as the previous ones.
Fail.

stevetaz 01-23-2012 09:29 AM

Re: New RIM CEO: “I Don’t Think There Is A Drastic Change Needed”

Well that should keep the stock price down......

ZombieBerry 01-23-2012 12:20 PM

Already dropped 6%. RIM's plan seems to be working.

juwaack68 01-23-2012 01:15 PM

They need some major changes to succeed.... that was not the best comment for the new guy to make. He may have meant something else (no idea what), but that sure doesn't give the 'masses' a warm fuzzy about the direction of the company.

ZombieBerry 01-23-2012 01:27 PM

How much noise can the new guy make with the dynamic duo still involved (at some level)? I hope this plays out far better in real life than in my head.

ifonline 01-23-2012 01:45 PM

True, but if he's careful to say anything because the dynamic duo are still around, then how on earth is he going to actually do anything? Perhaps he will ask for forgiveness instead of permission?

*sigh*

I really would love to see RIM turn it around, but as juwaack68 stated, "nothing much needs to change" is not really the best thing to say on day one when RIM's biggest enemy has been their own stagnation.

bostonnerd 01-23-2012 03:35 PM

Mike and Jim (aka Laurel and Hardy) still have Board positions. Mike is now head of the Innovation Committee. That would be hysterically funny if it wasn't so scary.

Cooper 01-23-2012 04:24 PM

Maybe he knows something we don't.

Maybe he feels what RIM has started to embark on (actually make the PB viable, get going with OS 10 and the major roll-out it will have)

I do get worried that 'old blood' that is used to how things work there is blind to the immense challenge, but also why would he pull a 180 and say "yes, RIM is so xxxxed right now, you were all right we've completely failed and I hope maybe we can do something"

Even though it was a lie, RIM was consistent in pretending nothing was wrong.

Today was a lot of shuffling on the market. We won't see any action until this guy shows us a strategy. Right now the autopilot has been left on by Mike and Jim.

bostonnerd 01-23-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooper (Post 1764641)
snipped...

Today was a lot of shuffling on the market. We won't see any action until this guy shows us a strategy. Right now the autopilot has been left on by Mike and Jim.

Well said.

Bacchus15 01-23-2012 07:55 PM

I say lets give the guy a chance, i too believe that drastic change are not necessary, but we do need a major change.

Yes it is different, drastic would mean, split the company in two business/general public and build phone on either webos, windows or android. Crazy!

Major change would mean better management, more/faster updates of software/hardware,

in my opinion.

tsac 01-23-2012 08:22 PM

Sometimes a CEO change right or wrong can help with the perception of improvement and help all around including the stock price.