BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9600 Series Discussion - Tour (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Wobbly Battery Cover (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=196764)

alb123 07-12-2009 04:43 PM

Wobbly Battery Cover

Does anyone else have a wobbly battery door cover? Mine can move ever so slightly top to bottom when attached properly... Its a minor annoyance, but annoying nontheless. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions? I may take it back in tomorrow - see if I can swap if I can't figure out a solution on my own. Otherwise, I'm thrilled with the Tour!

ALB

Sleam 07-12-2009 04:45 PM

I had a faulty Tour my first one today and it had a wobbly battery door. Did an exchange and have had no problems with the new one. The new one doesn't have a wobbly door either. Maybe the battery door is a hint? lol

lindros2 07-12-2009 04:46 PM

It's a cheap plastic door - I can see this irritating a lot of people. My advice? Get a good case (i.e. Seidio Innocase when it's available), battery pull application (QuickPull), and you'll never worry about the battery door again.

monsieurlee 07-12-2009 04:46 PM

now that you mentioned it mine has it too. i've got a silicon case for it though so it doesn't bother me.

If you don't need to open the battery cover often, try to shim it with something between the battery itself and the cover. i just double folded a piece of tissue to test and it stopped almost all the movement.

akosnitzky 07-12-2009 04:49 PM

I have the wobbly door but do not feel it with the rubber skin. You are not alone.

jsntrenkler 07-12-2009 04:57 PM

Wirelessly posted

I too have wobbly battery door and put a skin on ... Would bother me without the skin

michael12005 07-12-2009 05:02 PM

My door is not wobbly at all and I bought the skin and blew my money as I prefer the Tour naked, no skin at all.

jlmemt 07-12-2009 07:36 PM

Mine is also wobbly. I thing I will end up with a skin or case eventually, but it still shouldn't be that way.

dimachka 07-12-2009 07:42 PM

yeah mine is a bit wobbly too, i dont have a case, and i cant really say its annoying me at all. I suppose if it annoys me ill stick a little piece of paper in there to hold it tight, i never open the battery door anyway. No way im going through returning it for a new one just cause of a wobbly door.

kurichan 07-13-2009 12:50 AM

Mine is not the slightest bit wobbly.

jsntrenkler 07-13-2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurichan (Post 1426738)
Mine is not the slightest bit wobbly.

Lucky! .. Although as I said wirelessly above, with the silicon cover it is a non issue. Now I just have to wait for the holster to loosen up a bit so that my tour fits better with the silicon on.

PaulMD 07-13-2009 07:05 AM

Ever so slight flex here, but not a bother at all. It latches securely. Certainly not a reason to return it.

B4NFTR 07-15-2009 12:39 PM

Tour Battery Door is Loose

I purchased 10 Tours from Verizon for our corporate account.

Almost all of them have loose battery cover doors. They wiggle up and down while you hold it, type and navigate with the trackball.

I don't suggest the business card trick to tighten up the void. This baby generates a boat-load of heat after about 30 minutes of use.

The heat seems to concentrate in the lower quadrant on the back, probably could cause a fire with paper inserted in there.

I'm thinking of putting in a small strip of duck tape on the top inside battery cover to fill the void and make the back battery cover more solid. It is a real bummer that you need to MacGuiver this brand new device.

Come on RIM! How about some Quality Control!

voyager9355 07-15-2009 01:10 PM

How I fixed my Tour's wobbly door

1 Attachment(s)
Two layers of clear shipping tape at the very bottom of the battery door, trimmed so you can't see it. I only just did this a couple hours ago, and I know it may result in some sticky goo because of the heat - so I'll keep an eye on it. Seems to have worked, though...

2 Samuel 22 07-15-2009 01:12 PM

I have a number of BB Tours as well, all made in Canada. No battery cover wiggles here.

B4NFTR 07-15-2009 02:48 PM

Mexico Tour MFG/Assembly Defect?

Interesting.....

All of our Tour boxes with the loose battery cover say "Handheld made in Mexico".

michael12005 07-15-2009 02:50 PM

How do you find out where your Tour was made?

akosnitzky 07-15-2009 02:50 PM

Tour#1 - Wobbly cover
Tour#2 - Solid

Donbp 07-15-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Samuel 22 (Post 1429035)
I have a number of BB Tours as well, all made in Canada. No battery cover wiggles here.

Interesting. I remember there was something like that with the Storm when it first came out too. Except all made in Mexico were fine and all made in Canada had problems.

B4NFTR 07-15-2009 03:29 PM

How to find out if Tour is made in Mexico

Pop off the battery cover, take out the battery on your Tour.

At the bottom of the first sticker with the FCC ID, it will say "Made in Mexico" or "Made in Canada".

This is interesting to see if the defective ones are all made in Mexico and the "OK" ones are made in Canada.