BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   RIM Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Can't get my outlook calendar to sync with device wirelessly (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=47960)

aamirsiddiqi111577 09-22-2006 10:25 PM

Can't get my outlook calendar to sync with device wirelessly

Folks I just got the Pearl, really sweet device. Email is working fine, but I cannot wirelessly sync my outlook calendar with the device. I am running the desktop manager software that came with t he device 4.2 i think.

When people email me meeting requests, they come into my inbox, i cannot accept, decline etc (standard calendar responses in outlook). At the same time any meeting updates changed on my desktop do not sync with the pearl device.

I have tried T-Mobile, no luck there, they passed me on to RIM they put me on hold forever, my IT dept is looking into it. Others in my company who have the device have it working fine.

HELP!

whsbuss 09-23-2006 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aamirsiddiqi111577
Folks I just got the Pearl, really sweet device. Email is working fine, but I cannot wirelessly sync my outlook calendar with the device. I am running the desktop manager software that came with t he device 4.2 i think.

When people email me meeting requests, they come into my inbox, i cannot accept, decline etc (standard calendar responses in outlook). At the same time any meeting updates changed on my desktop do not sync with the pearl device.

I have tried T-Mobile, no luck there, they passed me on to RIM they put me on hold forever, my IT dept is looking into it. Others in my company who have the device have it working fine.

HELP!

Are you running BES or redirector?

aamirsiddiqi111577 09-23-2006 01:20 PM

BES or redirector

I am running BES

stonent 09-23-2006 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aamirsiddiqi111577
I am running BES

In the pim / synch options do you have calender set to wireless or outlook?

Set it to wireless.

antisepsisDC 09-23-2006 06:16 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Or is wireless sync turned on in calendar options? If this still doesn't work you may want to ask your bes admin to reset your account and activate again.

antisepsisDC 09-23-2006 06:18 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Or is wireless sync turned on in calendar options? If this still doesn't work you may want to ask your bes admin to reset your account and activate again.

aamirsiddiqi111577 09-23-2006 07:52 PM

wireless synch options

i am running 4.2 (desktop manager software that came with the pearl), i have ripped that software apart looking for what you have described, can you clarify where i might find it in this particular version?

If all else fails I will have my BES admin reset the account and try again.

Regards