BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions, News & Problems (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   positionned @end of forum thread (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=252351)

carlsturm 08-15-2011 05:46 PM

positionned @end of forum thread

When opening a new thread on this forum the view is positionned @bottom of thread rather than beginning. This annoys especially on long threads. Is there an Option I need to config to prevent this - or is this a feature?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

JSanders 08-15-2011 09:38 PM

Re: positionned @end of forum thread

I don't understand... all newer threads are toward the top of the section.

Newer posts IN that thread are located at the bottom of the thread.

carlsturm 08-16-2011 09:08 AM

hi Administrator - I'm assuming my thread got moved because my profile says I have a BOLD (not Torch)? fyi...I now own a Torch but couldn't find a way to modify my Profile from my BB.

jmwking 08-17-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlsturm (Post 1738374)
When opening a new thread on this forum the view is positionned @bottom of thread rather than beginning. This annoys especially on long threads. Is there an Option I need to config to prevent this - or is this a feature?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

As far as I can tell, when you open a thread in the mobile skin, it should jump you to the first post you haven't yet read in that thread. That's a feature.

If you're logged in whenever you read threads, it'll remember your place, even from machine to machine and browser to browser.

If you're not logged in, things work very differently: it marks all threads as fully read shortly after you finish your session (via cookies on that particular browser), and the next time you open a thread, it assumes you've read everything you wanted to in the prior session.

-jk

JSanders 08-17-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlsturm (Post 1738459)
hi Administrator - I'm assuming my thread got moved because my profile says I have a BOLD (not Torch)? fyi...I now own a Torch but couldn't find a way to modify my Profile from my BB.

No, your thread got moved because it is unrelated to your Bold or Torch, but related to feedback about this forum.

jmwking 08-17-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmwking (Post 1738685)
As far as I can tell, when you open a thread in the mobile skin, it should jump you to the first post you haven't yet read in that thread. That's a feature.

If you're logged in whenever you read threads, it'll remember your place, even from machine to machine and browser to browser.

If you're not logged in, things work very differently: it marks all threads as fully read shortly after you finish your session (via cookies on that particular browser), and the next time you open a thread, it assumes you've read everything you wanted to in the prior session.

-jk

One other thought occurs to me: if you have a wonky internet connection, and the posts page partially loads, stalls, and then auto-reloads, the system will think you already read it, mark the thread read, then reload to the end (or perhaps the next page of the thread if there is one). Neither a feature nor a bug, just an artifact of the system.

-jk