BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   RIM Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Verizon 7250 EVDO - FINALLY - Modem For Laptop (For Some People Now) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=19599)

Dano59 09-16-2006 12:31 AM

I wish I knew what you guys are talking about, My phone should be here in a day or so and I have verizon and got a 7250. What is this you are talking about?

Dano59 09-25-2006 11:12 PM

I just want to be able to use my 7250 to connect my laptop to the net late at night on the road. I already have the unlimited BlackBerry broadband connect at $49.95. Is tethering what I am talking about? I realise I will have airtime charges but I almost always use it after free nights and weekend time when I shut the truck down for the night.
I use to use my V710 with the office software after hours for free with my laptop.
So straighten me out guys..

Thanks

lmc0434 09-26-2006 12:18 PM

If you have verizon you need to pay the additional $15.00 per month to tether, this will let you on the net and no airtime costs will be charged, but the only way to connect via your blackberry is to use the verizon connect software.

drhink 11-04-2006 12:38 AM

VZAccess tether vs. Sharkmodem?

Anyone ever compare the performance of using VZ Access tether (the one that requires $15 / month to use) against Sharkmodem via BES? (If so, what about on EVDO vs 1X?) I'm just wondering should I pay the $15/mo, or do a one-time purchase of Sharkmodem for $34.97? I want to use my 7250 as a modem while on the road instead of paying the outrageous airport and hotel wifi charges. Any pros/cons of one over the other?

I can't find a head-to-head comparison posted. I can't believe I'm the first person who's pondering this choice...

suchel 11-29-2006 09:41 PM

hi everyone

I have a bb7250 and I need to know how to unlocked to used as modem.

mstrange 02-17-2007 08:47 PM

Shark Modem vs Verizon Tethering option

Quote:

Originally Posted by drhink
Anyone ever compare the performance of using VZ Access tether (the one that requires $15 / month to use) against Sharkmodem via BES? (If so, what about on EVDO vs 1X?) I'm just wondering should I pay the $15/mo, or do a one-time purchase of Sharkmodem for $34.97? I want to use my 7250 as a modem while on the road instead of paying the outrageous airport and hotel wifi charges. Any pros/cons of one over the other?

I can't find a head-to-head comparison posted. I can't believe I'm the first person who's pondering this choice...

Bump - Any input on this. I have purchased a used 7250 and am using ExchangeMyMail for BES and have the Verizon Unlimited data plan at $45/month. I was originally told that it included tethering, but was setting up the VZAccess and called and they want the $15/month in addition to my $45? So is it better to just pay this or look at the shark modem one time fee based on speed for each? Thanks for any input!

Mike

cupidchild 03-20-2007 04:16 PM

7250 vs PcCard access

There are pros & cons for each.
Cost fact benefits just using 7250 as internet access.
since 7250 will require either $24.99 [10MB] or $44.99 [unlimited] + $15 Broadband Access. If you get VZAccess PcCARD unlimited is [$59.99] plus you still need to get some sort of data plan for 7250 to get emails so additional $24.99.

Cons would that you cannot surf the internet and talk on the phone at the same time since you would be using 7250 as the modem.
Also you would need to use lame wired [USB] cable to connect to the PC.

I haven't done thruput comparison but I assume that its about the same.
Depending on the location and with latest 7250 FW & BB Desktop you can
1x and EVDO speed when its available.

I would still stick with have to use 7250 use a modem since most places I go I can use my t-mobile acct to login wireless on my laptop.