BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8500 Series Discussion - Gemini (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Bb 8520 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=264943)

Davidald 08-04-2013 11:34 AM

Bb 8520

Please help,i just got my bb8520 but recently i found it fully battery depleted,tried charging it but it didnt,i used a friends bb,charged it fully,on replacing it,just the start up loading depleted the battery,i later realised it does the same for all batteries,it starts as if its going to charge,shows charging battery then goes off,when it loads and the battery is low,connecting the charger,it appears to be charging,10mins later it goes off becoz of low battery,and if not worse enough,connecting it to the pc,it immediately turns to a white screen,so i cnt upgrade,some one help!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

NJBlackBerry 08-04-2013 12:12 PM

Re: Bb 8520

Did it ever work properly?

dc/dc 08-04-2013 01:25 PM

Wow! WTF is that alphabet soup? How did you decipher that NJ?

NJBlackBerry 08-04-2013 02:00 PM

I have a secret decoder ring. It can take run on sentences with extra commas and transform the letters into a correct sentence structure. Pretty amazing.

Dubdub 08-04-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davidald (Post 1806549)
Please help,i just got my bb8520 but recently i found it fully battery depleted,tried charging it but it didnt,i used a friends bb,charged it fully,on replacing it,just the start up loading depleted the battery,i later realised it does the same for all batteries,it starts as if its going to charge,shows charging battery then goes off,when it loads and the battery is low,connecting the charger,it appears to be charging,10mins later it goes off becoz of low battery,and if not worse enough,connecting it to the pc,it immediately turns to a white screen,so i cnt upgrade,some one help!

Please do not post in text speak. A bit of capitalization, punctuation and sentence structure goes a long way in getting a response.

Davidald 08-04-2013 03:10 PM

At NJ,yes it was working normally,it just went off last week at night as i was charging it,!

Dubdub 08-04-2013 04:44 PM

Was it dropped or did you get it wet?

Has the battery been allowed to run down past 20% on a regular basis?

Are you using a true BB OEM battery or a knock off?

Davidald 08-04-2013 11:19 PM

Never dropped it and never got it wet,its a new original batterry too.
Its just tht it wont charge yet it appears to be,otherwise how do u explain a battery half way placed on a charger and 20mins later its fully drained!

aiharkness 08-05-2013 02:14 PM

If the battery charges ok and works ok in another device but your device runs the battery down fast for no apparent reason then then the device is probably faulty. I would still try another battery, one you know for certain is good. If you can do a clean install of the OS, then do it. Test before you restore and reload apps. If you still have a problem, and you are using a battery you know is good, then you may conclude the device is broken.

Personally, I would get a new device, or at least an OS7 device.