BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   What's the new and best software for Storm 9530??? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=184519)

John1300 04-04-2009 07:34 PM

What's the new and best software for Storm 9530???

Hey what's good BB people???
I have a question that I will like to know right away!!! Which software is the best for the STORM .109 , .113 , .114, or .161 I read many threads that people say one is good and the other one is good so I don't know which is the best and What's the website that I can go for download this Software???? Also there is any website that we can get free themes for Storm???

dc/dc 04-04-2009 08:46 PM

The best one is the one that works best for you. Simple as that.

John1300 04-04-2009 09:38 PM

but there are many out there!!! right now!!!!! I want one which work fast and don't have any restriction like one!!! that I saw which have no key for the numbers when you r checking ur voicemail!!!

eastend 04-04-2009 10:09 PM

lighten up sunshine. We are not here to serve you!! Ask politely notice no one is answering your posts.

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John1300 (Post 1342678)
I have a question that I will like to know right away!!! Which software is the best for the STORM .109 , .113 , .114, or .161 I read many threads that people say one is good and the other one is good so I don't know which is the best and What's the website that I can go for download this Software???? Also there is any website that we can get free themes for Storm???

don't pay attention to the other guys...they don't have storms except maybe the person who didn't put their model number down in their info...who knows...

as far as your question...the latest version is normally better as long as it has passed a stability test of some type...because Verizon has not officially released a version higher than the .75, for the storm it is probably best to stick with the .75 version...beta versions are typically unstable

i have not tried any of the leaked beta versions because i prefer to stay within the bounds of the release candidates when talkling about OS upgrades...but apparently many of the latest releases are much much faster and include some much needed features...animations are smoothed out, the accelerometer transitions are smoothed out and so on...

what version are you currently using? let me submit this and look and see if you put that

and by the way, are you a vodafone or verizon user? that apparently matters for some reason...not sure why because the OS should be the same minus the tweaks...it's like having a different version of Windows Vista depending on your ISP...weird concept

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 09:57 AM

and i have not seen any free themes for the storm although i have not looked on the app store for them...i bet they exist though probably not very good...i like the elecite themes

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=
THEMES
Elicite themes:
Elecite - Premium BlackBerry Themes
iVista 2 theme:
iVista 2 - Themes BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
iBerry Neo theme:
Bplay : BlackBerry Themes : iBerry Neo

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 09:59 AM

as far as applications, this is my current list of decent apps for the storm:

APPLICATION PORTALS
BlackBerry News:
BlackBerry Applications | BlackBerryNews.com
Application Betas | BlackBerryNews.com
CrackBerry App Store:
BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
Applications and Services Index:
BlackBerry - Built for BlackBerry List
CNN's Top Apps:
Smartphones to go: Apps you'll want to pack - CNN.com
Official App Store:
BlackBerry - App World – The Official BlackBerry App Store for BlackBerry Apps
APPLICATIONS
Skype (coming in May to BlackBerry):
Skype for iPhone, Blackberry coming soon
Storm Level Pro:
Storm Level Pro (BlackBerry Storm Only) - Entertainment BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store)
Aerize popup alerter:
Aerize Email Alerts - Email / SMS Popup Notifications - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
Starry Night Sky Chart:
SPACE.com -- Applets, Widgets and Gadgets!
YATCA (Twitter Client):
http://bit.ly/yatca101
New Twitter BlackBerry App Plugs right into Messages Folder
Nintaii:
Nintaii for BlackBerry Still One of my Favorites
TwitterBerry:
Orangatame Software
Viigo:
Viigo
Apaitu (free):
http://www.getjar.com/products/25810/Apaitu
CNBC:
CNBC Home
FACEBOOK:
BlackBerry - Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones
http://www.blackberry.com/facebook_download
FLICKR:
BlackBerry - Flickr for BlackBerry Smartphones
http://www.blackberry.com/flickrdownload
ESPN:
ESPN Mobile Properties
ESPN Mobile Properties
FOX (Business News):
About FOX Business Mobile - FOXBusiness.com
To get the FOX Business logo on your BlackBerry desktop, simply go to FOX Business
from your BlackBerry phone and in the footer click "Add to my BlackBerry Smartphone."
FOX (News):
Mobile - FOXNews.com
FOX News - foxnews.mobi
MYSPACE:
BlackBerry - MySpace for BlackBerry Smartphones
MySpace for BlackBerry Smartphones
MLB:
MLB.com for BlackBerry® | MLB.com: Mobile
MLB.com Mobile - BlackBerry® Shortcut | MLB.com: Mobile
MLB.com for BlackBerry
CNN Money:
Financial news and alerts on your BlackBerry from CNNMoney.com
CNN:
http://cnnmobile.com/
NOBEX (Radio Companion):
Nobex Radio Companion - Download
Nobex Radio Companion - Download
Newsweek:
http://mobile.newsweek.com/bb
New York Times:
New York Times BlackBerry Shortcuts - New York Times
The New York Times
The New York Times
AP News:
http://m.ap.mwap.at/?scw=0&sch=0&clw=0&clh=0&if=0
http://m.ap.mwap.at

dc/dc 04-05-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonSamfield (Post 1343006)
and by the way, are you a vodafone or verizon user? that apparently matters for some reason...not sure why because the OS should be the same minus the tweaks...it's like having a different version of Windows Vista depending on your ISP...weird concept

No, the OS is not the same because the devices are not the same (9530 vs. 9500). Verizon sells the 9530 which is made primarily for CDMA networks, while Vodafone proper sells the 9500 which is made for GSM/UMTS networks.

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1343018)
No, the OS is not the same because the devices are not the same (9530 vs. 9500). Verizon sells the 9530 which is made primarily for CDMA networks, while Vodafone proper sells the 9500 which is made for GSM/UMTS networks.

you are quite the contrarian

to be specific the OS is the same, because they would not spend the time to design it per each device....that is a waste of time and money when it would port nicely to each phone just by updating the hardware layer of the OS

so the firmware (hardware layer) is different between different devices, but the OS itself is the same....in fact i have the same OS as most people on other BB models...not counting the Verizon and Vodafone storms

in either case, my phone is GSM capable, it just is just primarily CDMA like you mentioned

John1300 04-05-2009 01:22 PM

So far I have .75 !!! and I have Verizon!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonSamfield (Post 1343006)
don't pay attention to the other guys...they don't have storms except maybe the person who didn't put their model number down in their info...who knows...

as far as your question...the latest version is normally better as long as it has passed a stability test of some type...because Verizon has not officially released a version higher than the .75, for the storm it is probably best to stick with the .75 version...beta versions are typically unstable

i have not tried any of the leaked beta versions because i prefer to stay within the bounds of the release candidates when talkling about OS upgrades...but apparently many of the latest releases are much much faster and include some much needed features...animations are smoothed out, the accelerometer transitions are smoothed out and so on...

what version are you currently using? let me submit this and look and see if you put that

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 02:17 PM

i'd say stick with the .75 until Verizon officially releases the .113 or whatever version

but join the protests about the hold out by Verizon to release it...they could at least let us know why they have yet to release it into the wild while other services like Vodafone got an official update already

but what i recently learned is that Vodafone owns 45% of Verizon so this makes it a more interesting equation and battle of power...not sure how that would play down to the day to day decisions of the company...

dc/dc 04-05-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonSamfield (Post 1343030)
you are quite the contrarian

to be specific the OS is the same, because they would not spend the time to design it per each device....that is a waste of time and money when it would port nicely to each phone just by updating the hardware layer of the OS

so the firmware (hardware layer) is different between different devices, but the OS itself is the same....in fact i have the same OS as most people on other BB models...not counting the Verizon and Vodafone storms

in either case, my phone is GSM capable, it just is just primarily CDMA like you mentioned

The OS is NOT the same. Download the OS for the 9500 and try to load it on a 9530. If it works, I'll fly to wherever you live and take you out on a date.

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 03:13 PM

if this is true, then what is the version number of the OS for the 9500 and what is the version number for the 9530?

how does RIM differentiate either internally or externally from the company about the "supposedly" different operating systems if the version number system is of the same caliber, function, and specificity per the OS? for instance, two versions of the OS exist with the same version number for the 9500 and 9530...how are they telling the difference apart and what differences exist in the actual code and functionality of the OS?

dc/dc 04-05-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonSamfield (Post 1343323)
if this is true, then what is the version number of the OS for the 9500 and what is the version number for the 9530?

how does RIM differentiate either internally or externally from the company about the "supposedly" different operating systems if the version number system is of the same caliber, function, and specificity per the OS? for instance, two versions of the OS exist with the same version number for the 9500 and 9530...how are they telling the difference apart and what differences exist in the actual code and functionality of the OS?

The Application Loader checks the model of device connected, and if there is no OS software for that model, it won't load. Period.

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1343327)
The Application Loader checks the model of device connected, and if there is no OS software for that model, it won't load. Period.

haha, but you didn't really answer my question cause the answer is that it's the same...

what do the developers call the OS...and how do they test it? and what's the version number for the OS? and so on...

it's all the same and they use a blackberry device simulator and it's mostly all done in java so it's very portable from hardware to hardware...i really don't think there is much difference between a 9500 and a 9530...very minor differences...all of that is essentially driver programs that exist for the firmware of the phone...

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 03:30 PM

the underlying OS is the same...same same same same same....

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 03:32 PM

and what i meant internally or externally is what do they call the OS versions in internal memos to each other? version what?

do they have teams of guys working on an OS for each model of phone at RIM? i doubt it...they have one OS and they created a hardware abstraction layer to interface between different hardware configurations...it's a layered OS design....

Operating System Abstraction Layer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
File:Operating system placement.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dc/dc 04-05-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonSamfield (Post 1343340)
the underlying OS is the same...same same same same same....

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. I don't like fighting with an unarmed person.

Noctem 04-05-2009 04:39 PM

I dont get what's so hard to understand... each device has its own OS, even though its the same model phone (storm) doesnt mean the OS for the 9500 is the same as the 9530. They really arent the same buddy....

dc/dc is right. enough said

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 04:44 PM

they did not redesign the entire OS per each phone....so what does that mean to you...?

unarmed...whatever...you're so lame you hide behind your blackberry forum moniker...tell me your real name and stand by what you say...prove they are difference operating systems...give me proof...documentation...citations....introspect...

Noctem 04-05-2009 04:47 PM

of course they wont redesign each os from the ground up.... thats just a waste of time

>.>

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 04:47 PM

blackberry os is blackberry os....they do not have blackberry storm os and blackberry bold os....it is the same OS....they added a layer between the hardware that supports the hardware that is different, but the OS itself is the same...however, there is also a UI layer that abstracts from the OS for device differences such as from the Storm to the Bold...in the case of the 9500 and 9530 it is probably all in the hardware layer that any changes exist...the UI layer is the same...and so is the internal layer..

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noctem (Post 1343416)
of course they wont redesign each os from the ground up.... thats just a waste of time

>.>

interesting point...so they are the same OS

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 04:48 PM

or at what point do the operating systems differ? and how do they tell them apart?

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 05:05 PM

basically the UI is just a theme...the OS is BB OS...and the true firmware is the hardware abstraction layer that is varying from device to device because of the different microprocessors and other hardware components...

even this blackberry forum calls it the same OS...it's called the Research in Motion Operating System...but i think that is a misnomer...it's really BlackBerry although RIM and BB are almost synonymous...

basically, tell me what other mobile operating systems exist besides the following:

Symbian
Windows Mobile
BlackBerry
iPhone
Android

because there is only one version of BB OS that i know of

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 05:12 PM

just read what this says about smartphones to get a better idea of what they really are:
Smartphone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comparison of smartphones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 05:17 PM

Firmware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hardware abstraction layer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Microkernel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Application programming interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_(computer_science)
Memory management unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer multitasking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer data storage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer data storage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JasonSamfield 04-05-2009 05:17 PM

all useful stuff to learn about why the BB Storm is a computer

Sniperet 04-05-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonSamfield (Post 1343436)
basically the UI is just a theme...the OS is BB OS...and the true firmware is the hardware abstraction layer that is varying from device to device because of the different microprocessors and other hardware components...

even this blackberry forum calls it the same OS...it's called the Research in Motion Operating System...but i think that is a misnomer...it's really BlackBerry although RIM and BB are almost synonymous...

basically, tell me what other mobile operating systems exist besides the following:

Symbian
Windows Mobile
BlackBerry
iPhone
Android

because there is only one version of BB OS that i know of

Jason I don't know what makes you so certain to the point of being hostile about your opinion but I have to agree with the other posters and say that you are mistaken. Just because RIM named both phones Storm doesn't mean the operating systems are identical, they are not because the hardware is different. Lets take an earlier model BB as an example like the 8800 series you cannot load an 8830 OS onto an 8820 just like you cannot load a 9530 OS onto a 9500. For one the apploader won't load it and if you did get it loaded the phone would not function properly. Yes the OS's are similar and developed along the same lines but they diverge in the radio module code which is the core of the OS.

You are arguing that the OS is Blackberry when RIM uses OS to differentiate the firmware for each device. The problem with your argument is that you told the OP he could load a 9500 OS onto a 9530 and as you were told and disagreed with you can't do that.

Sniperet 04-05-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John1300 (Post 1342678)

The first answer you got is probably the best answer. Personally I like .113 beta which is much better than the official .75 release. On my phone it is stable, faster and much more user friendly than .75. The latest rumors are that Verizon is going to release .113 as official. The highest number beta leaked to the general public is .114 but the build number for .113 indicate it is a newer version than .114 and .114 has many reported problems.

JasonSamfield 04-07-2009 07:36 AM

Dr. Dobb's | Smartphone Operating Systems: A Developer's Perspective | March 30, 2009

A View from the Top: A System-Level Blog » Virtual Platform Myths

The Mobile POV: A Question of Mobile OS Congestion

Welcome to IEEE Xplore 2.0: Specification and Design Aspects of the Academic Researcher's Assistant (ARA) Software for Mobile Devices

Mobile OS Fragmentation: Better or Worse? | iPhone Developer's Journal

http://viewer.media.bitpipe.com/1159...ows_Mobile.pdf

Mobile Operating Systems

Engadget's Full Comparison of iPhone3.0 to Other Mobile OS

Dr. Dobb's | Smartphone Operating Systems: A Developer's Perspective | March 30, 2009

The Symbian OS Architecture Source Book

Digital Library

List of operating systems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Choosing an Enterprisexxx45;Class Wireless Operating System: A Comparison of Blackberryxxx44; iPhone and Windows Mobile White Paper - Whatis.com Solutions Directory

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Subscribers - Get The Facts

The RIM BlackBerry Serial Protocol (old protocol, but i bet it is still being used in some updated form or fashion)

http://www.rh-law.com/ediscovery/Blackberry.pdf

http://www.tml.tkk.fi/Opinnot/Tik-11...rs/kettula.pdf

J2ME Polish: Documentation

Computer Forensics - Forums - General Discussion - Commercial Software - Mobile phone analysis

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/ni...istir-7250.pdf

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/ni...2/sp800-72.pdf

Blackberry Forensics - Forensics Wiki

dc/dc 04-07-2009 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonSamfield (Post 1344835)

Welcome to IEEE Xplore 2.0: Specification and Design Aspects of the Academic Researcher's Assistant (ARA) Software for Mobile Devices

Mobile Operating Systems

Digital Library

Choosing an Enterprise-Class Wireless Operating System: A Comparison of Blackberry, iPhone and Windows Mobile White Paper - Whatis.com Solutions Directory

The RIM BlackBerry Serial Protocol (old protocol, but i bet it is still being used in some updated form or fashion)

Computer Forensics - Forums - General Discussion - Commercial Software - Mobile phone analysis

Please do not double-post. This is not appropriate forum etiquette.

BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community - View Single Post - Blackberry forensic research

jsconyers 04-07-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonSamfield (Post 1343418)
blackberry os is blackberry os....they do not have blackberry storm os and blackberry bold os....it is the same OS....

Could you please prove this by loading the Storm's OS on the Bold and vice versa? If not, please stop posting this nonsense.

arche3 04-07-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonSamfield (Post 1344835)

Mobile Operating Systems

Digital Library

Choosing an Enterprise-Class Wireless Operating System: A Comparison of Blackberry, iPhone and Windows Mobile White Paper - Whatis.com Solutions Directory

you are arguing semantics of language. not real life use of the device. In the real world I cannot load a bb bold os no matter what the firmware number on my bb storm. because it is not made for the storm. does not matter where the base os differs between the bold and storm. In all real aspects of use it is a different os. I also cannot load a gsm storm os on my cdma storm. because in the real world the cdma storm won't let me load it. Because it is functionally different from a gsm storm.

Why are you even arguing this?

skyman84 04-07-2009 09:36 AM

Jason,
Really, Please listen to the words you've been given from some of the top and most reputable providors to this forum, the O/S's are different, fact.

JasonSamfield 04-07-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniperet (Post 1343522)
You are arguing that the OS is Blackberry when RIM uses OS to differentiate the firmware for each device. The problem with your argument is that you told the OP he could load a 9500 OS onto a 9530 and as you were told and disagreed with you can't do that.

The terms OS, firmware, and platform are getting thrown around way to easily.

The OS is the same, but the interface between the hardware and the OS is different per device. This is what is normally referred to as firmware in most computing environments, but also can include device drivers. In the case of the BlackBerry OS, RIM is choosing the specific components for each particular device such as the "device drivers" to allow the phone to work on that hardware, but the underlying OS is the same. The UI is also being cherry picked per device because some devices support the touch screen and others do not. The UI itself is very malleable because this is how themes are worked into the OS. By cherry picking what gets added or not to the latest version of their OS, RIM is making sure that the amount of space used by their OS is minimal.

With respect to the 9530 and 9500 model differences, the underlying OS is the same and the UI should also be the same, but the device drivers that connect the abstracted layer of the OS to the actual hardware are varying because of the hardware components of the CDMA and GSM networks. This appears to be occurring at the device selection stage of the OS upgrade/install. Even though the hardware is different and the hardware layer is different on the actual phones themselves, the underlying OS is the same and both hardware layers exist but are chosen per device to minimize storage space of all the driver programs for each hardware model. RIM only makes one operating system that is referred to as the RIM or BlackBerry OS, or the RIM or BlackBerry platform and there is no reason that they would want to waste precious application memory on each device with the device driver programs for other devices.

The question that should be focused upon is what the different version numbers indicate. There are four key numbers that distinguish each device's corresponding software. There is the number referred to as the "OS version" number by everyone on almost all threads on all forums, blogs, and websites, however, this naming might be incorrectly perpetuated. There is also a platform, cryptographic kernel, and branding version number. The cryptographic kernel appears to be the device's encryption kernel while the platform and OS number refer to other components of the software and firmware. I compared the version numbers for both the 9530 and 9500 for the same "OS number" release and they are a perfect match. The branding version appears at first glance to indicate the hardware device but some device models have different branding numbers. This could be a way to distinguish product lines of the actual hardware fabrication such as a newer motherboard and microchip or a newer radio antenna etc. Because of the use of the word "branding" it also indicates to me the possibility of it being used by various carriers and other branding level entities that would want to be distinguished from other "brands" for the same model phone, but I found a contradiction on that last idea when I stumbled across someone with friends who have different branding version numbers, but similar carriers and I assumed similar physical locations on their same model of phone.

JSanders 04-07-2009 11:08 AM

Jason, this is a community forum. You have been warned before about your rants. If you want to rant, take it to the Rants and Raves section of this forum where it is welcome. Otherwise, most of what you post is pure threadcrapping, intended to take each and every thread offtopic to your lala land, and I am tired of it.

If you want to come and help out here AND be a part of community, you are welcome.

Quit arguing with every single thing posted here, and I am betting you will find in return that others won't nitpick you.

Do you have questions about that?

JasonSamfield 04-07-2009 01:27 PM

so other people with 9530's, what is the best performing version of the OS at present? has anybody ran any benchmarks to find out? i have only compared my 9530's 4.7.0.75 to my 7130e using a benchmark program i got a long time ago on my 7130e...

are there enough people out there reading this thread that have 9530's with different OS versions that could run a benchmark to tell if the performance is better or worse per each OS version? could we start such a thread or has anybody already started such a thread?

(besides this old thread that i found: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ts-here-7.html )

arche3 04-07-2009 01:32 PM

.113 for verizon storm is much better for me than .75 which came stock on the storm. .113 rotates faster and it has a new text selection copy and paste function that is better than .75

It just seems overall snappier. if that is a correct term for bb. because up until now all bb's were snappy. only with storm do I feel it is not really fast.

JasonSamfield 04-07-2009 01:46 PM

have you tried to benchmark your 9530? it'd be cool to see a comparison of .113 and .75's side by side

follow that link and get the software and run the benchmark...tell me your numbers and i'll post mine when i get back

JSanders 04-07-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonSamfield (Post 1345317)
have you tried to benchmark your 9530? it'd be cool to see a comparison of .113 and .75's side by side

follow that link and get the software and run the benchmark...tell me your numbers and i'll post mine when i get back

You'll need to load .75 and .113 on the same device, and do the benchmark from the same device, to get an accurate benchmark.

Comparing your .75 with my .113 is apples and orangatans ;-)

JasonSamfield 04-07-2009 03:08 PM

why would it be apples and oranges if we have the same model? i'm talking about comparing my 9530 with .75 and his 9530 with .113...are models of the same phone now completely different too?

JSanders 04-07-2009 03:16 PM

Because YOU don't know what HE is running on his device as background applications and additional resources in use. And HE doesn't know which YOU are running.

It's like saying let's race our scooters and see who is the fastest. You on your street in Chicago and me on my street in Miami, and then we'll compare times. No regard to the grade or wind other factors.

That's no benchmark, its foolishness.

JasonSamfield 04-08-2009 09:12 PM

well, the benchmarking app i believe tests underneath the applications and only tests the hardware and OS/firmware much the way a benchmark for your download or upload speed would work...this is how it gets the operations per second number among other things

Quote:

Features:
  • Heavy load on animation, DOM access and modification, spline and polygon rendering
  • Mapping test
  • User Interface simulation
  • Font rendering
  • Gaming
  • Cartoon animation
  • SVG load and parse test
  • Low level performance tests

maybe your right, but i'd have to check into the JBenchmark software more...they also give an average from all users of different models for their benchmarking comparisons...it'd be nice to see if they could start including separate OS releases for those benchmarks to get a better idea since the OS version is more and more important day by day apparently

but in any case, an estimate from running the benchmarks would be fine...and especially if we both ran it on our own systems and compared our benchmarks with each upgrade to different OSes on each system...a before and after

secondly, all the applications can be closed just to single out that variable more...the only thing we don't know about are background processes...but really how many can it be? if it can be a lot, then this is more merit argument of my desire that the OS should include better control of those background processes

here are my numbers:
Model: 9530
OS-firmware: 4.7.0.75
Platform: 4.0.0.94
Cryptographic Kernel: 3.8.5.51
Branding Version: 1.0.105.179
  • Graphics:35.7 polygons per second
  • CPU: 543560 operations per second
  • Speed Index: 579.2
woohoo! over a half of a megaflop on my mobile phone...sweet!

dc/dc 04-08-2009 09:14 PM

żPorque no te cayas?

JSanders 04-08-2009 09:17 PM

Este no hablo bovine manure.

dc/dc 04-08-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1346958)
Este no hablo bovine manure.

HAHAHA!!!

JasonSamfield 04-08-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1346954)
żPorque no te cayas?

it's "callas" not "cayas"

<inappropriate language removed>

JasonSamfield 04-08-2009 09:46 PM

je jediný dxxx367;vod, proxxx269; i psát xxx269;esky, protoxxx382;e je-li psát v anglixxx269;tinxxx283; budete mi boot z vaxxx353;í stupidní fórum ... proxxx269; mxxx283; to zajímá? protoxxx382;e bych se dostat odpovxxx283;di na mé BlackBerry problémy a já bych také chtxxx283;l setkat, jako je-smýxxx353;lející BlackBerry uxxx382;ivatelxxx367; a instant email záznamy jsou pxxx283;kné získat na závity, které jsou dxxx367;lexxx382;ité, xxx382;e jsem se upsal

daphne 04-09-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonSamfield (Post 1346993)
je jediný dxxx367;vod, proxxx269; i psát xxx269;esky, protože je-li psát v anglixxx269;tinxxx283; budete mi boot z vaší stupidní fórum ... proxxx269; mxxx283; to zajímá? protože bych se dostat odpovxxx283;di na mé BlackBerry problémy a já bych také chtxxx283;l setkat, jako je-smýšlející BlackBerry uživatelxxx367; a instant email záznamy jsou pxxx283;kné získat na závity, které jsou dxxx367;ležité, že jsem se upsal

If you think this forum is "stupid", why don't you go elsewhere? Posting profanity and insults is against forum rules, no matter what language you use.

dc/dc 04-09-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonSamfield (Post 1346991)
it's "callas" not "cayas"

<inappropriate language removed>

Thanks for the assistance. I was drinking last night and spelling is not my forté under the influence. Either way, you understood what I was saying.

daphne 04-09-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1347965)
Thanks for the assistance. I was drinking last night and spelling is not my forté under the influence. Either way, you understood what I was saying.

Did you see what he posted that I removed? If he'd posted it in English it would have tripped the content filters. I don't know Czech, but Google translated it nicely. :razz:

dc/dc 04-09-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1348006)
Did you see what he posted that I removed? If he'd posted it in English it would have tripped the content filters. I don't know Czech, but Google translated it nicely. :razz:

No, I missed that thankfully.

For my part, it was one of those things where I was speaking Spanish to myself in my head, and I typed what I said, not the correct spelling. :razz:

PBSD 04-09-2009 08:20 PM

Horrible

What a horrible thread. I thought this site was suppose to beneficial :x

jsconyers 04-09-2009 08:23 PM

So you're basing this entire forum off of one thread?

What makes this thread so horrible?

dc/dc 04-09-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBSD (Post 1348047)
What a horrible thread. I thought this site was suppose to beneficial :x

This site is beneficial. Don't let JasonSpamfield spoil it for you.