BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Beta You Than Me (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Leaked 9700 OS OS 6.0.0.344 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=239185)

penguin3107 11-02-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob377 (Post 1670296)
I'm running the latest shown on the BB website: 1.0.4.10.

2.0 is in BlackBerry Beta Zone. You might have better luck with that.

titan703 11-02-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin3107 (Post 1670297)
Looks like you tried to restore an OS 5 theme and its settings.
OS 5 themes won't work on OS 6, so make sure you don't restore them from your backup.
Probably safest just to wipe the device and install OS 6 cleanly.

Yeah, and I didn't even intend to. I didn't see a way to take precautions prior to upgrade in removing the themes and tried removing the theme settings via DM after install to no avail.

Rob377 11-02-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin3107 (Post 1670298)
2.0 is in BlackBerry Beta Zone. You might have better luck with that.

Stupid question: how do I get it?

titan703 11-02-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob377 (Post 1670302)
Stupid question: how do I get it?

Google Beta Zone and sign up. If they're still acceping members for the 2.0 test it will let you join up and download it.

snhrph 11-02-2010 11:51 AM

53% downloaded at 151KB.

Deleted OS 5 from the computer for a clean install.

Will let you know soon... :)

titan703 11-02-2010 11:54 AM

Completely wiped it, installed a clean copy of 6.... same problems as before. Plain white screen with no theme and an almost useless phone. I can make calls, thank god, but that's about it.

toddz 11-02-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan703 (Post 1670313)
Completely wiped it, installed a clean copy of 6.... same problems as before. Plain white screen with no theme and an almost useless phone. I can make calls, thank god, but that's about it.

If you want to find out how to fix the white screen mini icon problem with this build, you need to visit that "other" blackberry forum. There are a lot of people with the same issue when it comes to loading this firmware onto a T-Mobile 9700.

In a nutshell, these two files need to be deleted form the Java directory before you install, or need to be deleted using javaloader after it is installed (although that may be harder).

net_rim_theme_tmobile_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod
net_rim_theme_tmobileeu_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod

toddz

Cooper 11-02-2010 12:37 PM

sexy, smooth and no issues at all.

very pleased so far :)

nobody7290 11-02-2010 12:44 PM

The bad side of this OS:
complete waste of space. I cannot see more then a few hours in my calendar.
The list of emails is about the half items.
The same applies for the contacts, the half of the vertical space is used for the blank icons of the contacts - does rim think I have images for all my 1200 contacts - and, what information do these pictures give me ?
BBmaps cannot determine my location by cell tower location - only works with gps
BBmaps is slower compared to V5
Control panel now organised like Windows - you have to make 5 klicks instead of one to get where you want.
The Search function is ridiculous. It still is unable to find a street in my address book. Instead of searching where information is located nearest, it tries the web (search of street-names was not possible before, but when blackberry bragged about searching the complete device, I hoped that this would be included).

Scrolling in an email is painful. Instead of Scrolling a definite amout of lines, the screen jumps by moving the picture, which makes it hard to read while scrolling. Reading a book or a text is near to impossible. This "smooth" scroll behaviour is also present everywhere, which makes it hard to move the cursor to somewhere without several times of going up and down - I did not find an option to disable it.
I will try to lear to live with that, but, at the first look this is a possible reason to downgrade to V5.

knottyrope 11-02-2010 12:46 PM

brand new out of the box and it would not accept OS6, might be that it never connected to network to get service books, forgot to see the orig OS version from AT&T.

I used BBSAK to wipe with 507 code, BBSAK would not load OS6 but loader.exe would install OS 6 after. Maybe BBSAK needs an update for this.

JSanders 11-02-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddz (Post 1670327)
In a nutshell, these two files need to be deleted form the Java directory before you install, or need to be deleted using javaloader after it is installed (although that may be harder).

AFTER you have downloaded and installed the beta OS file to your PC...
1. On your PC, go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\**your OS version**\Java.
Find and delete these two cod files.
  • net_rim_theme_tmobile_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod
  • net_rim_theme_tmobileeu_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!

3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

eerick 11-02-2010 12:55 PM

Thanks God for Jsanders!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1670336)
1. On your PC, go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\**your OS version**\Java.
Find and delete these two cod files.
  • net_rim_theme_tmobile_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod
  • net_rim_theme_tmobileeu_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!

3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

Pouya 11-02-2010 01:05 PM

I installed the new OS on my Tmo 9700 and there's no theme or anything. It's impossible to see anything except a few ASCII looking icons. Anyone else have this issue or thoughts??

penguin3107 11-02-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pouya (Post 1670339)
I installed the new OS on my Tmo 9700 and there's no theme or anything. It's impossible to see anything except a few ASCII looking icons. Anyone else have this issue or thoughts??

Read the posts above yours.

given2fly 11-02-2010 01:17 PM

EDIT: T-Mobile users will need to delete the T-Mobile theme before or after installing or they will have a black/white screen with tiny icons. Remove the .cod before install or remove after with BBSAK.

yahjoogooleh 11-02-2010 01:20 PM

Uh oh about to download and install now. Can't wait :)
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Pouya 11-02-2010 01:27 PM

oops. I need to learn to read. My b! Thanks

1pw 11-02-2010 01:42 PM

hmm installed with no problems, however i have now found one.

anyone else's not fully installed there contacts? mine will only install 191 of 361.

the other 160+ show up on my phone, but when you press them, nothing happens, so i cant delete them or anything? i have a back up on idrive too, but because the dud contacts are there on my phone it says there is nothing to restore.. when there is :(

titan703 11-02-2010 01:48 PM

I couldn't find it on the phone using BBSAK, but I am going back and doing another wipe and install right now with the T-Mobile Theme CODs removed. Crossing my fingers...

hadji 11-02-2010 01:51 PM

Installed and work like a charm, the interface is very smooth, true that you lose a lot of free space, for that the 9780 will be perfect, in total it's a very good build for OS 6, it was worth waiting so much.

A little bug I see, but I don't know if everybody has it, in social feeds, when opening a feed in the rss reader, it doesn't show the resume of the article, only if I quiet the social feed by pushing the red button and come back after that in social feed, this is very annoying!! Someone has the same problem? I did a restart but same thing after that :-(