BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What is your "most" wanted, unwritten application? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=130972)

funkym 05-21-2008 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snape (Post 937800)
1) A really good list program, similar to ListPro for WM. I'm able to do a lot of my list stuff in ideaMatrix, but something more robust would be welcome.

I am using TaskMaster and it works pretty nice.

LunkHead 05-21-2008 05:22 AM

Threaded SMS (like the Treo)

bobreiter 05-21-2008 07:19 AM

2 things:

1. a really simple app that allows you to save an attachment directly to the sd card without opening up a program- perhaps just a "save attachment" option in the message menu.

2. a way to forward a message (with attachment) and delete parts of the email string prior to the current message you are writing.

jsconyers 05-21-2008 07:53 AM

Being facetious

A lot of good suggestions so far!

I would like to have a way to spy on my girlfriend via her SMS and call logs:razz:

Dawg 05-21-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 938359)
A lot of good suggestions so far!

I would like to have a way to spy on my girlfriend via her SMS and call logs:razz:

Oh my:-o

KeyLoveMobile 05-21-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u (Post 937753)
1.) The ability to secure select applications without locking the entire device.

1. Same as Thatz.
2. Native IRC app (not some midp app).
3. Media player that can play 192k streams (maybe with OS4.5?).

Teksu 05-21-2008 08:14 AM

Usage statistics. Such as emails, texts and minutes used per day, week or possibly even month.

FF2 05-21-2008 09:24 AM

Until I got the BB8830 in January, I used an HPLX200 as my PIM -
appointments, calendar, contacts, etc.

If I was going to try scheduling a doctor's appointment or meet a
friend, I would look up their name and phone number. After calling
them, I could Press a key from the Contact/Phonebook and the Calendar
application would open and their name/phone number would be placed in
the Description field. It could copy the address/location, too - all the better.

Then I would just set the time/date for that appointment.

Currently, with the BB, if I wanted to do the same thing, I would have
first open the Calendar application, then COPY their name, paste it into
the Calendar, then copy their phone number and paste it. It is not
very streamlined.

Actually, PocketDay for the BB has a similar function but it is a
large application and I don't need anything else it offers (weather,
stocks, messages, etc). What is does is ADD an entry to the MENU
list while viewing the Contact's name. You Press the Menu (blackberry
key) and in the list of options, there is a new option: something like
Schedule an appointment (I don't fully remember because I removed
Pocketday). When you choose that menu item, the Calendar opens and
doctor's name/phonenumber is now in a Calendar entry and you just fill
out the rest of the scheduling information.

It just really simplifies entering an appointment while on the phone talking with the doctor's office (or a friend, whatever).

Obviously such an application is basically hidden. Adding a Menu Item to the Contact application, opening the Appt application and doing copy/paste in the background.

mdlissner 05-21-2008 10:37 AM

Here is my suggestion. Look at this PalmOS program that takes recurring tasks and adds them at user defined intervals as individual tasks with no recurrence. I loved this on my Treos and would like to have it for BB.

here is a link: Download ReDo 1.46 Free Trial - Automatically adds repeating reminders to your To Do list

This program was the best $5 I ever spent on handheld software.

nonsequitur 05-21-2008 10:38 AM

threaded sms

email client that doesn't rely on blackberry servers (LogicMail is a good start)

DacyJ 05-21-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobreiter (Post 938318)
2 things:

2. a way to forward a message (with attachment) and delete parts of the email string prior to the current message you are writing.

I second that.

teamcrn 05-21-2008 12:52 PM

I just want email to look like its suppose to with all the HTML code etc. Its something that should have been built in a long time ago.

Sith_Apprentice 05-21-2008 12:53 PM

Sling
Box

dshipmon 05-21-2008 01:24 PM

A program EXACTLY like this called "My Bills". I had it when I had my Treo and I loved it. Ascendo Money does more than I need when it comes to just paying my bills and keeping track of the due date, and the program called Bill Log for the Blackberry does not match up to "My Bills" by Helen Sandoz (she only made it for the Treo).

Sandoz Software - simple solutions for your palm

fonejunkie 05-21-2008 02:44 PM

I'd love to see an app/utility that would reclaim the memory capacity lost through memory leaks - a process or routine that could be run 'at will' without having to resort to a battery pull.

Chichum 05-21-2008 02:48 PM

I CAN'T BELIEVE NO ONE SAID THIS!! How about vibrate AND ring rather than vibrate THEN ring.... god that's annoying.... oh and a working Theme Builder for 4.3

dgiznya 05-21-2008 03:05 PM

BB sandwich

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 937738)
one that will make me a chicken salad sandwich and get me a beer.

You have a wife and a blackberry all confused.

DG

Dawg 05-21-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgiznya (Post 939011)
You have a wife and a blackberry all confused.

DG

No I have a wife and she tells me to do it myself thats why I mentioned the BB software 8-)

djm2 05-21-2008 03:30 PM

My vote would be for a fairly simple task software, preferably with a separate stand alone PC application, that would allow 2 additional task layers within an overall task. Each sub-task (or sub-sub task) could be separately checked off as needed. Separate PC application is needed because this couldn't sync (I don't think) with the limited database structure of Outlook tasks. In essence, this would be something like MS Project Ultra-Light.

The RexWireless packages come close, but security considerations make it impossible for me to consider storing the data on their servers--even if they could prove to me that they are as secure and pure as Caesar's wife they would also have to prove the same to multiple fussy clients. Maybe if Rex ever delivers that long-promised sync to Outlook capability???

doe4040 05-21-2008 03:46 PM

hey JS!
a number blocking application
i.e. if you assign a number to the application, if that person tries to call, they get told your phone is off or something