BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   GPS & Mapping (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Web-Based GPS Tracking (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=89882)

moody03svt 02-11-2008 03:32 PM

Updates to IE tags

Hey,
I appreciate all the work you have done to put together this sweet application. I was wondering if you had by chance made any updates to the <iframe> tag to work in IE. I installed the Facebook app and that worked like a charm.

Jon,,

xoclipse 02-11-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moody03svt (Post 830996)
Hey,
I appreciate all the work you have done to put together this sweet application. I was wondering if you had by chance made any updates to the <iframe> tag to work in IE. I installed the Facebook app and that worked like a charm.

Jon,,

The iframe works on IE now. Please let me know if you have any other issues with it.

morningla 02-12-2008 11:24 AM

thanks for all the work, the current version 0.52 is working great. time to check out the additional funtions!

powercx 02-17-2008 02:50 AM

This is great program. Definitely has evolved to a better apps. Geofence is one thing I'll be trying out soon. Good job Chris.

marculos 02-25-2008 12:20 PM

Hi, I cannot login on my BB, just hangs at "logging you in" stage, any ideas ?

dguilloryjr 02-26-2008 11:55 AM

question

Is there a way to track the BB without having the user install anything on there blackberry!

John Clark 02-26-2008 11:57 AM

Let's hope not.

powercx 02-27-2008 02:28 AM

After installing on my new BB 8310 (Curve), with the latest version of bbtracker (0.52), I noticed a lot of battery drain when bbtracker runs. I was comparing the program with accutracking, and it takes a lot more. Could there be any improvements for optimized battery life?

tazeat 03-16-2008 12:11 AM

I'm so getting this for my girlfriend "so I can always know where to find my sweetheart". Of course this violates my privacy, no way would i ever put this on my phone :) LOL

Dispatcher35 03-18-2008 08:06 PM

Is anyone else having trouble getting their history? When I try to pull up my history I'm told there is no data.

Mike

FF2 03-19-2008 12:33 AM

I played with it on my commute home today and was able to see my route. Did you have the correct DATE range selected and the device code?

jhard 03-23-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powercx (Post 851586)
After installing on my new BB 8310 (Curve), with the latest version of bbtracker (0.52), I noticed a lot of battery drain when bbtracker runs. I was comparing the program with accutracking, and it takes a lot more. Could there be any improvements for optimized battery life?

I've looked up the battery drain issue and have seen quite a few people having issues.

After installing version 0.5.2 I believe, I'm experiencing an abnormal amount of battery drain as well. Even while at home for the night including sleeping time for hours on end stationary in one place.

This is the only app I've added to my BB lately, and my unit is new so I can't think what else it would be. I have now un-installed it via AppLoader and will see how my BB reacts battery wise and report back if battery life has gone back to normal without BBTracker installed.

xoclipse 03-23-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhard (Post 867102)
I've looked up the battery drain issue and have seen quite a few people having issues.

After installing version 0.5.2 I believe, I'm experiencing an abnormal amount of battery drain as well. Even while at home for the night including sleeping time for hours on end stationary in one place.

This is the only app I've added to my BB lately, and my unit is new so I can't think what else it would be. I have now un-installed it via AppLoader and will see how my BB reacts battery wise and report back if battery life has gone back to normal without BBTracker installed.

In the upcoming version, 0.5.3, I'll be adding a new feature that should reduce battery drain.

Whenever you are stationary for a certain amount of time, it will stop retrieving GPS updates(which is what drains the battery), and then it will use a timer to detect when you start moving again.

jhard 03-26-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoclipse (Post 867497)
In the upcoming version, 0.5.3, I'll be adding a new feature that should reduce battery drain.

Whenever you are stationary for a certain amount of time, it will stop retrieving GPS updates(which is what drains the battery), and then it will use a timer to detect when you start moving again.

Just to follow up, after un-installing version 0.5.2 my battery power has gone back to normal operation.

The concept of your program is great, BTW.

luckman212 03-27-2008 12:50 AM

how is the 0.5.3 coming? i noticed there is a beta out... has this beta 0.5.3 implemented the battery drain fix that you had planned? thanks

iomatic 06-17-2008 02:09 PM

auto-login fixed yet?

The original online mockup was far sweeter; what happened to that? (understand the need to drop the trendy Web 2.0-candy-cane-reflective-glass look too, though).

Clean and modern is nice.

Can we get recording friends, and working actually on our Blackberries too?

Thanks!

GizmoDK 06-18-2008 08:16 AM

put your live tracks on your own webpage

Great APP.. Easy and simple.

My problem is when im trying to access
<iframe width="420" height="420" frameborder="0" src="http://dev.tech9computers.com/map.html?api_key=MYAPPKEY&width=400&height=300"></iframe>
with IE it coms op with an error. Works great in Firefox but its still load slow. Starting showing a gray window but after 10 secunds it all good.

Is there any solusion for this problem in the near future ?

roses2 06-25-2008 07:40 PM

I have just installed the app this evening with the latest version. I get to "logging you in" and it doesn't move from there. I left it like that for ten min. How long should it take?

RickL66 07-04-2008 12:20 AM

Did xoclipse fall off the map? :razz: I've been trying to post on his web forum and emailing him a couple of questions from his website, but have not heard from him for a long time. Now I find this and realize he is the guy running Blackberrytracker.com

afzy 07-04-2008 06:53 AM

i amusing BB8300 from vodafone india cant log in from my phone any help?
it says logging you in since last 5mins